Home Health Aide Training and Employment Program
The Home Health Aide is a trained worker qualified to carry out health care tasks, assist with personal hygiene, housekeeping, and other related supportive tasks to a patient with health care needs in his/her home under the supervision of a registered professional nurse or licensed physical therapist.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be physically fit with the ability to carry a minimum of 10 lbs and lift a minimum of 30 lbs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work Mon-Fri every other weekend.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Reliable, energetic, self motivated and well-organized
- Required to complete a criminal history and drug test
- Must possess two (2) personal references be able to complete a 5 year employer verification check
- Offered at no cost to the student
- Uses an enhanced and highly qualified training curriculum
- Three and a half weeks of full time (8:45AM to 5:00PM) training. Located at Lehman College in the Bronx or Queensborough Community College in Flushing, Queens
- 100% attendance and 100% punctuality required
- Trainings will be offered every month between late January and June 2014
- Step 1: Complete the Application (see the link below).
- Step 2: Attend an Informational Session at a Workforce1 Career Center pre-screen with a Workforce1 Account Manager.
- Step 3: Interview with Potential Employer
- Step 4: If selected by the employer, begin a 3 1/2 week training HHA training. (training will begin about 1 week after the employer interview)
- Step 5: Upon successful completion of classroom training, certification as a Home Health Aide as well as specific agency’s hiring requirements, be ready to begin working at a home care agency immediately.
Required Documentation : During the initial interview with the employer you will be required to bring the following original documents:
Our team has an exclusive relationship with these organizations.
As a reminder, to be considered for these opportunities, a complete application is required. If you meet the qualifications of the positions we are recruiting for, we will get back to you with a date, time and location of the Information Session.
Only candidates who have completed the application will be admitted. You will need an email address to apply for this program and to receive information on the information session times, location and directions. If you do not have an email address, you can quickly obtain one at no cost at Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail .